“She is free in her wildness, she is a wanderess, a drop of free water. She knows nothing of borders and cares nothing for rules or customs. 'Time' for her isn’t something to fight against. Her life flows clean, with passion, like fresh water.”
Roman Payne

Projects

Thursday, August 27, 2015

new life

I've spent the last 2 weeks thinking I'm pregnant. And then being sure I'm not. And then sure I am.

But now I'm not.

And I really don't know how I feel. About it. At all.

Like, I know eventually Bob and I will have children. But I like our lives now. And I really enjoy my job. I don't want to give it up, especially since we're just returning to the city.

Bob says he could stay home, and I could work. But I'm pretty sure his body won't make nourishment for the child.

So I don't know. I feel stuck, as a female. I feel like in this world, my role in the family is already decided for me. I have to give up my body, my life, my career to have a family. And it doesn't seem fair.

I believe that in our lifetime, we live a many number of lives. And I like the life I'm living now. In previous lives I was a daughter, a student, a girlfriend, and each previous life lead & grew into the next. But the life I'm currently living, of being a young wife but also independent woman, is where I want to be right now. I'm not ready to move on to my next me.

No comments:

Post a Comment