“She is free in her wildness, she is a wanderess, a drop of free water. She knows nothing of borders and cares nothing for rules or customs. 'Time' for her isn’t something to fight against. Her life flows clean, with passion, like fresh water.”
Roman Payne

Projects

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Attaining healthiness

I've decided to start swimming.

To get a membership at the Y, and swim laps. or do AquaZumba. Something. Anything.

I don't like the state of my physical body, in fact I kind of hate it. I know I shouldn't. I read and follow and share so many articles online about "loving your body at any size" or "big is beautiful too" and I empathize with what they're saying so much. But I just can't do it. I don't feel comfortable in my skin, or my clothes. I don't like how I look in the mirror, or the comments like "oh, when are you due?". I don't like huffing and puffing and being out of breath from simple activities. I don't feel healthy.

And that's what really matters to me. Being healthy. It is something I struggle with, especially since junk food taste soooooooo good.

I know what I should eat, and how much. I've read the books and blogs and weight loss websites. But I truly believe I've become addicted to carbohydrates and refined sugars, and I need to cut them out of my diet. Which I know won't be easy. But I hope that if I also change my lifestyle, and spend time and money on changing that I'll be able to adhere to a healthier diet.

Because this is something that I need to do now. I don't want to be overweight or obese when I become pregnant, which can increase risk of complications. I don't want to be the sluggish, overweight mom who's too tired to play or read or laugh. 

I want to have a long, happy, healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment